Monday, December 1, 2008

The End

And so, our wonderful sojourn to the "left" coast comes to an end tomorrow night, as Bridget and I take a red-eye out of Seattle. We have had a momentous vacation here- milestones that will never come again have happened! Bridget started walking, had her first birthday, and started saying and doing all sorts of new things. It has been so amazing. We both can truly say we had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am so blessed by my parents- they have been so good to me and definitely to Bridget while we've been here. I know they don't consider it anything but fun for them- but it has been pretty wonderful for me.
But, with endings there always comes another beginning... our beginning when we get home is two-fold: the Christmas season and the countdown for Daniel's Christmas leave will both start in earnest! I only have a few more Christmas presents to buy, but the house needs to be decorated and the aforementioned presents need to be wrapped. I think I'm much more into the Christmas spirit this year, with Bridget and with Daniel coming home for only 12 days. Daniel considers me a humbug sometimes, because I tell him I don't like shopping for presents and I don't like putting up the tree. Well, in my defense, I don't like the shopping because of the crowds and I don't like putting up the tree because... well... I don't know why. I do like seeing the tree up and decorated, though. Anyway, I think that all changes this year. I have so many plans for decorating the house, I can't even put them all here. Plus I want Daniel to be surprised, and since I know he reads this from time to time, I don't want to let the secret out!
I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend. Get out there and work off all that turkey, so you can make room for all the Christmas cookies! I leave you with a great picture of Bridget, so you can all see just how much she's grown up. I think the Monteith genes are winning out...

3 comments:

Kayce said...

Oh she has gotten so big and cute!

Jill said...

Oh so exciting! So much going on with you! Good luck with all the decorating! :) Connor LOVED helping us with ours! And oh my goodness is Bridget cute! She is a good mix of the two of you, but I think she looks more like Daniel in this pic!!

Daniel and Karen said...

Yes- the more grown up she gets, the more she resembles Daniel... or some other Monteith. Oh well. We'll just have to keep having kids til I get to have one look like me! :)