Friday, January 9, 2009

Just 2 weeks to go!

And so, as the time winds down for Daniel at OCS, pretty much nothing has changed from before Christmas. Bridget and I still just hang out, especially on cold days like today, around the house. But she's learning so much, and here's another video to prove it!


I couldn't help myself. The little giraffes from her Noah's ark set receive an extension of her affection for her true "binky", the stuffed giraffe that she sleeps with. As she was carrying one of them around tonight, she would randomly give it a hug. And this is the result. It was just too cute to pass up! When she hugs her toys, most of them are big enough in relation to Bridget to warrant a two-fisted approach. But watching her wrap both her arms "around" the tiny plastic giraffe- that was just too much. Of course, for the video itself, Bridget also flaunts her new found hobby of saying "no" to mommy. I'm not entirely convinced that she says "no" and means "no"... she just says it because she hears mommy say it a lot. Although by that logic, she should be saying mommy, too, as well as a few other things. She does say "na-nah" for banana, but then, she says that for almost all food now. Her all-encompassing approach to words amuses me. When she's learned a new word, and I've made a big deal over it, suddenly that new word gets universally applied to anything and everything. At least this new word is only being applied towards food. That's an accomplishment!

Anyway, just 2 weeks until Daniel is a commissioned Ensign in the US Navy. And just 2 weeks until I can have some real conversations on a daily basis again. Not that Bridget isn't a good conversationalist. I just don't speak toddler.

2 comments:

milojohn5 said...

She seems like she's getting pretty smart/responsive, too. She didn't seem to have any trouble manipulating the toy into a hug, even though it's kind of small for the maneuver.

Mike and Desiree and the Boys said...

Cute as a button. It is always great when they show love, even if it is to a toy and not me. Hopefully it won't be too long til Mike and Zach can be around their cousins more. Miss you guys.
-Mike