Monday, July 27, 2009

Look out Virginia- Here we come! (again)

So, after the last post, Daniel received his orders and they are for the USS George HW Bush. That's CVN 77, and the newest aircraft carrier, for those of you who don't know. The USS Bush is stationed at Norfolk, but because it is still so new, and because it was rushed into commissioning so that Pres. W. Bush could commission it, there's still a lot of things wrong with it, and it is REALLY at the Newport News Naval Shipyard. So, Daniel is looking forward to driving back and forth from Va Beach to Newport News every day come September. He's required to report for firefighting training on the 3rd of Sept, and to the Bush after that, so we are OUT of GA by the end of August! Which means I have a lot of work to do before then! We've got feelers out for rental properties (within Salem Ward boundaries, of course), and I've got a good feeling we can find a nice place fairly quickly. More to come on that as soon as we have something.

This post's Bridget video should probably wait until May (you'll see why), but I just couldn't resist.

As you can see, Bridget is dancing around Daniel as if he were a May Pole. She does it to me too, and I've even seen her try to dance around the cat once. She doesn't really like it when I try to do it back to her, though!

1 comment:

milojohn5 said...

Cute. You should put a streamer in her hand and tie the other end around his forehead.

What's your move-in date for the new place? Remember to send us all a new address.