So we're in our place in Virginia Beach- slowly but surely the boxes are disappearing. Even more so, now that Daniel took some empty boxes to the recycling place. Bridget and I haven't really settled into any kind of routine- its hard with Daddy home. But she is definitely enjoying the new place, and getting into all kinds of things. She's also learned some new skills, and a few new words, to go along with this new home.
First, Bridget's favorite new skill/phrase is "no want to" and "no like". Most of the time, she doesn't have any control over the thing she doesn't want to do or what she doesn't like, such as getting dressed in the morning, but its good that she's learning to tell us those things.
Next, Bridget has become quite smitten with a cartoon. I thought she liked Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go! but this one takes the cake. The Backyardigans have quickly become the one thing she asks for and she repeats things from their episodes very often. If you have never encountered the Backyardigans, one thing I really like about them, and Bridget too, is they always sing and dance in each 'adventure' they're having, while they use their imaginations in their backyards. Bridget watches it just about every day, and she has taken to saying things like "Ahoy, there" when she hears something in another room, or "Arrrr!" when she wants to be a pirate. Its to the point now that I think she'll be having a Backyardigans themed 2nd birthday party, and I'm going to try to find a Halloween costume for her.
Last, Bridget has had lots of fun with cats since we got back to VB. Aunt Rebekah is fostering a few kittens (5, right now) and Bridget enjoys running around after them and figured out she could pick them up. Well, she figured she could do the same with our cats. Running around after them isn't a problem... its when she tries to pick up 9lb. Albert or 12lb. Bean that it gets difficult. Albert doesn't seem to be very hard, though we thought for sure that he'd resist and hurt her. He just takes it! Bean, however, is much too heavy for her to pick up, and he's the one that runs from her. Its funny to watch.
We're having a great time already, and we're so excited to be back at the Beach!
2 comments:
Glad that you made it by the Left Coast Rebel, I hope to see you again. My wife and I may move to VA from CA some day soon, perhaps I will look you up?
LCR
I love the Backyardigans myself, and when the kids watched them more often I used to sing alot of what I told them to do. Bridget looks great, and running in circles around Daddy should prepare him for life leading in the Navy. Can't wait to see you guys again. -Mike
Post a Comment