Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Woefully behind...

... to say the least! I think coming back to Virginia Beach, in relation to keeping up the blog, was actually a bad thing. With Grandma, Aunt Bekah, Aunt Rachel & Uncle Geoff & Jared, and even Chris near by, I forget that there are other family all around the world that aren't here to see us! Sorry!

So, Daniel finished his first full week on the USS GEORGE H.W. BUSH (CVN 77) last week and now we're in to week 2. Thankfully, after a whirlwind weekend, we are now proud owners of a second car! Bridget and I were suffering terribly from cabin fever last week. Okay, so maybe it was just me. But Daniel had been doing research since he got his orders in the middle of July, knowing that we'd be back here in the Seven Cities. That all served him in good stead, because it really didn't take long at all for him to get the car he really wanted at a good price. He ended up with a 2007 Nissan Sentra, black, from the CarMax up in Newport News. Its a fun car to drive! And plenty of room all around.

I've been working away on my Medical Transcription certification. Its a little overwhelming sometimes, because the medical terminology is very dense. But I'm enjoying having something with which to occupy my mind. It keeps me from being bored and either eating or, now, going out and spending unnecessary money!

Bridget is having a great time. We're excited for the nicer weather, so we can go play in our backyard, mostly on the slide. She's also getting used to going to nursery every Sunday- sure, she cries when she's dropped off, but the length of time is getting shorter. And all she talks about during the week is "Fun nursery!" and coloring and all the activities they do. So I know she likes it. We're also getting ideas ready for Halloween. Bridget is, of course, going as one of the Backyardigans.



Bridget and her giraffe are fairly inseparable.

No comments: